We all know how important choosing your venue is for your wedding, not only is it usually in the first few step in the wedding planning process, most of the time it’s also the biggest expense. Before you sign all the paper work and officially book your venue, take a look at the following questions that we listed below.
35 Questions to ask the wedding venue prior to booking
1. Is your chosen date available?
2. Are there any other weddings or events booked on the day of your wedding?
3. How far in advance do you have to book?
4. What are the rates for different days of the week / seasons?
5. How much is the deposit? How can you pay it? When is it due?
6. Are there any extra hidden fees such as: cleaning fee, overtime, etc?
7. In terms of food and beverage, what is the cost for per person? What is the tax and services charge?
8. What is the payment schedule structure like?
9. What are the different payment methods available?
10. What is included in the venue fee?
11. What is the cancellation / refund policy?
12. When is the last date to make changes to the reservation?
13. Will there be a supervisor in charge on the day of?
14. When is the final wedding guest count needed?
15. What is the capacity in terms of seating, dance floor and cocktail hour space?
16. Is there a seating area available for cocktail hour?
17. Is it possible to have the ceremony both outdoors and indoors?
18. Is hosting the rehearsal dinner at the venue prior to the wedding possible? Will there be any extra charges for this?
19. Does the venue have a bridal suite and does it have a safe? How early can the bridal suite be accessed on the day of?
20. Does the venue have a preferred vendors list? If so, can other vendors be used without a fee?
21. Are there any additional plug in fees in terms of entertainment / music?
22. What is the availability of the venue on the day of? When can the vendors come in to setup?
23. Is there parking on site for guests and vendors?
24. Are there any decor restrictions?
25. Is there a time restriction on when guests have to leave? Is there a fee if guests stay past that time?
26. Does the venue provide someone for setup and tear down?
27. Are linens, chairs, silverware and glassware provided?
28. Are house catering / bartenders provided? Are outside caterers allowed? If hiring an outside caterer, do they have access to the venue’s kitchen?
29. Is the food tasting and final selection of the menu included in the package and for how many people or are there additional charges?
30. Is the venue / washrooms handicap accessible?
31. Is coat check service provided? If yes, does it cost extra?
32. Is the venue licensed to provide alcohol service? Are there additional charges for the bar staff?
33. Does the venue have liability insurance?
34. If the ceremony is outside, is there a backup plan in case of bad weather?
35. What is the server per guest ratio?